The University of Minnesota Extension is offering training sessions In October that will provide financial empowerment trainers, case managers and other frontline staff with the following:
- An orientation to Your Money, Your Goals, a toolkit created by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), for social services programs;
- The tools, knowledge and confidence to help your constituency meet their financial goals by increasing their knowledge, skills, and resources.
- Two levels of trainings are offered – for those who are not familiar with the “Your Money, Your Goals” (new trainers), as well as, for those who are familiar with the Toolkit (returning trainers).
Topics covered during this session will include:
- Financial empowerment assessment
- Starting the conversation
- Emotions, values, culture, and money decisions
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
- Savings for emergencies, bills, and goals
- Tracking and managing income and benefits
- Paying bills and other expenses
- Getting through the month — managing cash flow
- Credit and debt
- Consumer protection
- Financial products, services, and providers
If you or someone you know would be interested in attending this great learning event, registration information for in-person training sessions can be found at YMYG In-Person Training and for webinar trainings information can be found at YMYG Webinar. In person sites will have a $15.00 fee that will cover refreshments and lunch. Participants will receive a FREE toolkit and a certificate of attendance.